Let me preface this by saying I have about 10 jars of Peanut Butter in my basement. This isn’t out of the ordinary and frankly, it won’t even last that long. We are peanut butter addicts. We use it in baking, meals, as a dip or even on it’s own. It’s kid friendly, protein packed, filling and we love it. Add chocolate and bananas and you have a guaranteed winner.
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup natural (chunky or smooth) peanut butter
4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (use coconut flour for a paleo option)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
(full disclosure, I used frozen bananas that had been thawed, but the freshies look so much nicer in the photo)
- Grease one 9 x 5 loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or mixer (I’d recommend mixer), combine mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and peanut butter until fully combined.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and cocoa powder to the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly.
5. Bake in preheated over for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick/knife comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack for about 1/2 hour. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling and tada! delicious!